Thursday 21 March 2013

Animation Tests

After achieving these positions, I wanted to see how the model would react being animated. I did numerous tests on the movements required....
 
As you can see, my character is capable of these motions without the mesh becoming distorted. However I was required to learn how to use my rig controls effectively. The positionings at the time couldn't be controlled symetrically to achieve the poses I needed. This was due to joints not all being orientated in the same direction. So this was something I had to fix to make my controllers work better.
 

 
 
This is before I fixed the orientation of the leg joints and learnt how to correctly use the knee controllers.
 
 
I made a quick tester render using a point light upclose, to see how the animation would look renderedusing mental ray. As you can see, I clearly have to learn how to properly use lighting within a scene, as the light i've used has caused the scene to look flat and almost cel-shaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment