Tuesday 19 March 2013

My Character UV Map


 
This is the UV Map that I created for my character model.
 
 
To add bit more of a depth to my character, I felt the need to find a bump map which would create a more skin like looking texture. I obtained this from: 'http://www.3dtexture.net/img-brown-skin-haut-3dmax-organic-480.htm'
 
Below is a screenshot with & without the bump map. You can see it can make a big difference in making an object look more real than without.
 
 
 
Looking back, I realise now that it would have been much more efficient to adjust the bump map to fit within the UV Map sections, since by placing this image straight over this caused the areas such as the hair and nails to also have the bump, which although not easily seen... shouldn't be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment