Sunday 16 December 2012

Storyboard & Animatic

 Whilst through the process of modeling my character, I had to come up with an idea on what I wanted to Animate it doing. This is also useful to do now, so I know how complex the rigging will need to be for my modeled character in order to achieve these movements. I came up with this storyboard:
 

After gathering opinions on my storyboarded idea, It was agreed that this would require too much time needed for this task. So I needed to simplify what my character would be doing in the animation.
 
 
This one is much easier than my last idea, however the movements needed ontop of the stump could be quite difficult to animate with my character rig. So I needed to simplify it a bit more.
 
This final storyboard, is simular to the last one, except that my character now leapfrog jumps ontop of the stump and stays in that position whilst he reaches for the mushroom and he then stands up. This will be easier to animate as his feet will remain in the same position as the body lifts.
 
Now that I had finally decided on what I wanted to happen within the animation, I then made an animatic from the final storyboard to get a better feel of the timescale throughout the movements:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment