Thursday 21 March 2013

Final Character Animation

 
 
This is my Completed Character Animation. This version is vastly improved from the previous version, with more animation displaying more interaction and emotion. Better lighting and shadowing. It took approximately 4 days to render this at 1080p, ultimately due to using final gathering which dragged out the render time unneccessarily.

Whilst i'm happy with what i've achieved. If I had time, I would have like to go back and fix the weighting around the ankles. Another problem which I noticed after watching this render a few times was that the body snaps during some movements. If I moved some of the positions more inwards, this will reduce the joints snapping in the last part of the movements. I would also like to increase the penumbra angle on some of the spot lights to reduce the roundness shape and blend the lighting together more so. Plus I would like to further experiment with the skin texture and coloured light beams.
 
After creating this i've become aware of areas where I need to develop my knowledge and skills. I would like to keep developing my use of lighting, texturing, weighting and making adjustments to optimise render times and quality.

I feel this character has successfully matched the criteria needed to convey personality, emotion, weight and interaction within the animation.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I don't know how I came across this, but it was interesting to check this blog :D Reminds me of my time in computer graphics university.

    ReplyDelete